The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vauxhall Astra VXR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NarendZORCE
Zorce Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Vauxhall Astra VXR Reply with quote

With its massive 240 PS and 152 mph (245 km/h) performance, Vauxhall's rivals were hoping that the Astra VXR would cost well over �20,000. But here's the news which is sure to raise a few GTI-brows - it's actually priced at under �19,000!

Now available to order from dealers, the latest addition to the hugely successful VXR model line-up packs more punch than any other hot hatch available for the money. Unlike some rivals, Vauxhall hasn't relegated desirable equipment to the options list in order to keep the list price low either, with air conditioning, Recaro seats, 18-inch wheels, ESP and side curtain airbags all as standard.

At the heart of the Astra VXR's dynamic driving experience is a 2.0-litre turbocharged engine. Maximum power of 240 PS is delivered at 5600 rpm, while the unit delivers an impressive 320 Nm of torque between 2400 rpm and 5000 rpm, channelled through a six-speed manual gearbox. The result is the ability to sprint from 0-60 mph in just 6.2 seconds, and on to a top speed of 152 mph where conditions allow.

That impressive performance is kept in check by a highly-tuned front-wheel drive chassis developed with sports car maker Lotus. Braking performance is remarkable, too, with the VXR's exclusive 321 mm vented front discs the biggest ever fitted to any Vauxhall other than the Monaro.

All of this means the VXR delivers a driving experience that will excite and stimulate the most committed driving enthusiasts. Buyers can also opt for the innovative Continuous Damping Control system to deliver an even more impressive ride and handling combination.

Based on the stylish three-door Astra Sport Hatch, the Astra VXR is immediately distinguished by its exclusive 18-inch wheels, body-coloured V-grille, ground hugging side skirts, rear spoiler and revised bumper assemblies, along with neat detail touches such as its Arden Blue front and rear brake callipers and stylish VXR badges. Massive 19-inch wheels are a �500 option.

Inside, there are Recaro seats, new instruments incorporating VXR logos, a three-spoke sports steering wheel, carbon-effect inserts on the doors and facia and a new alloy gearknob, also with VXR detailing.

Four colours will be available at launch - Flame Red, Arden Blue, Star Silver and Black Sapphire, with the first cars due to reach customers in September. Further additions to the VXR range are due before the end of the year, including the fastest-ever production MPV - the New Vauxhall Zafira VXR.

Technical specifications
Engine: 2.0-litre, 16v 4cyl turbocharged
Power: 240 PS @ 5600 rpm
Torque: 320 Nm @ 2400-5000 rpm
0-60 mph: 6.2 seconds
Top speed: 152 mph (245 km/h)
Price: �18,995

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice car, i wonder if we see this car on our streets..Vauxhall are good cars..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plex306 wrote:
nice car, i wonder if we see this car on our streets..Vauxhall are good cars..

Unlikely, since Vauxhall is a GM company and currently I think Platinum has the rights to certain GM brands here....Amar tried to open a Holden dealership, but they got shot down cuz of that (or so I heard)...

the only good Vauxhalls prowling our streets (Besides mine Smile ) is the police cars, and even those are Stock Astras with the base 1.4 and pitiful performance.....

Vauxhall has a current program called VXR, where they breathe fire into their models to produce hot versions.....sadly, their current Gen Manager (who came form Holden, Australia) has stepped down.....he was the man who started VXR and rebadged the Holden Monaro as a Vauxhall.....we are waiting to see if the new Gen Manager will continue in this sporting trend, or revert back to dull cars......

I know it's so, for I told me so
glitch
Pumpum Conqueror

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U need to see this car in person...it looks really good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Zorcerazzi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: