The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RC Developments Evo 6 @ Tsukuba Time Attack 2007.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Mitsubishi Madmen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: RC Developments Evo 6 @ Tsukuba Time Attack 2007. Reply with quote

Here's more info on the RC Dev Evo 6 at Tsukuba Time Attack 2007 held in December 2007.
RC Developments wrote:
Further to the delight of RC, Pro-driver Tarzan Yamada (who normally drives the Garage HRS
Cyber Evo) offered to drive the Evo Race Car for us so as to comment on it's setup.
With cold new tyres and zero experience behind the wheel, within a few laps, Tarzan managed
to post a 59.8second lap on the original UK Settings, making it the quickest car of the day...

Tarzan was very helpful and was able to comment on the car and offer some advice about the
settings of the car. He said that with the correct settings, the car would be capable of a
55 second lap, however some of the adjustments would not be able to be made until the car
returned home.

With the enormous assistance from TEIN, the suspension settings were adjusted to mask some
understeer problems and to increase cornering speed. Tarzan also passed comment that he
would of liked to have the RC Developments Engine swapped into the Cyber Evo, and
that the power delivery of our Evo was very impressive! Some of the Japanese admired
our car's preparation and reliability which was excellent to hear.

In addition, The RC Evo recorded a 227km/hr top speed up the back straight which resulted
in the 3rd Quickest Top Speed for the competition...

...Nobuteru Tanaguchi (Pro-Driver of the Tsukuba Record Holder HKS C230R Evo)
offered to drive the Evo...
...Tanaguchi drove the car sublimely and managed to post a 59.1 lap, well under the 1 minute
goal set by RC Developments. This landed the team in 14th Position overall out of 70 cars,
with it being the 3rd Quickest Mitsubishi Evo of the event, and 3rd Quickest Top Speed.

I WOULD LOVE TO DRIVE THAT CAR!... yuh think they heard me this time? Laughing
Rory Phoulorie
Zorce Jedi Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get the chance take me with you please. I see there's a passenger seat in which I would be quite contented.
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ ^ ^ Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Mitsubishi Madmen All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: