The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sharing some of my EVO driving experience...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Mitsubishi Madmen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRINIOUTLAW
Pumpum Conqueror

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Sharing some of my EVO driving experience... Reply with quote

I swear sometimes in the morning I wake up and pinch myself to see if my life is all a dream. No this is not about money...although i'm financially stable i'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination. This is about happiness and balance in your life. Ok..enough GURU talk... on to the real story.

About 5 months ago thru the shop a customer donated a '03 GSR EVO 8 to me. I don't use it as a daily driver..it's sole purpose is to be rigged with the latest aftermarket products so it can be tested in a real world application. I have driven many cars in my life time including my cuz's 900+ hp Supra but to date I don't think i've have ever driven in car that is so well balanced all the way around. I currently have the car tuned to 351whp and 346tq at 20 psi with Cams, DP, Cat-back, Fuel pump, FMIC, EBC and AEM EMS. It's absolutely a thrill to drive...the power, torque and superb handling makes you want to push the nose of the car in almost every corner and heaven forbid you spot a nice big block domestic like a mustang or camaro z28...man your thoughs almost become evil in that instant because you know light to light..you will rip them a new ahole...the car is addicting.

Fast forward the story to within the last few weeks..one of my customers left me his '05 MR EVO 8. He wanted me to install a few upgrades and basically get my opinion of how I felt the car was driving. if I thought the GSR's handling was the fashizzel..Bro.. I was WRONG!! The MR handling was without a doubt out of this WORLD! I know that it came equipped with the JDM ACD system and Bilstein suspension package but DAMN! I didn't think that it would have made such a difference! You could whip that car around corners so hard that you felt your hips hurting you from pushing on them Recaros...it gives you so much confidence as driver to push the car and yourself even harder. On the hp side of things you can definately feel the difference in power with the MR's slightly larger turbo exhaust housing which is 10.5 as oppose to the GSR 9.8 straight line power was awesome man you felt invincible driving the car on the street. Then I began modding the MR I started off with the usual suspects..Metering Systems including a Wideband, DP, Cat-Back, Boost Controller, Fuel Pump, Cams and finally a Greddy E-Manage was tossed in to mastermind the entire operation. I rolled onto the dyno and spun all 4 wheels to the tune of 353hp/337 tq at 21 psi. When I left the dyno shop I almost felt like I had died on gone to heaven. The powerband was mind blowing....you could hear the turbo spoolin up..like a tornado. When I got my first opportunity to utilize the factory launch limiter I could feel my heart pounding with excitement...I just held the gas pedal to the floor and engaged 1st gear...immediately the rpm gauge shot up to 5000 and started bouncing..you could here the studdering sound coming from the car and then I just LIFTED my foot off the clutch pedal...you could hear all 4 tyres screaming at the top of their lungs...hit 2nd gear and the car is pulling like wild animal..man it was facking exciting...driving the MR around was awesome!! I really have to hand it to Mitsubishi the EVO really lives up to it's reputation....pound for pound it's the most thrilling car i've ever driven..the share balance of power and handling will leave you begging for more... it's an experience I wish everyone could have!!

I hope to meet up with my Mitsu bredren in Trini soon!! Outlaw!!
We tune, install and sell - AEM EMS, Greddy E-Manage, Apexi S-AFC. AWD Dyno facility available by appoinment. We are mainly a DSM/Lancer EVO 8 4G63T Service shop and stock many parts for the '03-'05 Lancer Evolution 7/8. We also provide Mitsubishi factory preventative maintenance services using all factory OEM parts and fluids.
Yeo
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*weeping out of pure joy*
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRINIOUTLAW wrote:
...'03 GSR EVO 8... including my cuz's 900+ hp Supra but
... I don't think i've have ever driven in car that is so well balanced all the way around.
I currently have the car tuned to 351whp and 346tq
...It's absolutely a thrill to drive...the power, torque and superb handling makes you want to push the nose of the car in almost every corner
...man your thoughs almost become evil in that instant because you know light to light..you will rip them a new ahole...the car is addicting.

...'05 MR EVO 8. ...The MR handling was without a doubt out of this WORLD!
... JDM ACD system and Bilstein suspension... You could whip that car around corners so hard that you felt your hips hurting you from pushing on them Recaros... it gives you so much confidence as driver to push the car and yourself even harder.
... feel the difference in power with the MR's 10.5 as oppose to the GSR 9.8
... you felt invincible driving the car on the street. ... 353hp/337 tq at 21 psi.
When I left the dyno shop I almost felt like I had died on gone to heaven.
When I got my first opportunity to utilize the factory launch limiter
... I just held the gas pedal to the floor and engaged 1st gear...immediately the rpm gauge shot up to 5000 and started bouncing..
... pound for pound it's the most thrilling car i've ever driven
...the share balance of power and handling will leave you begging for more... it's an experience I wish everyone could have!!

Bro I know EXACTLY how you feel Exclamation
I have my Evo 6 for over 4 months... but I've only driven it for the best 3� weeks of my life.
Clutch, Maintenance and upgrade... and few $$$ Rolling Eyes

Reading your opinion is like hearing myself talking.
Sanctifier wrote:
Ever drove one? It's the closest thing to affordable auto perfection made.
Yup it's got fantastic acceleration and great top speed, but the thing that
impresses me the most is the super-sharp steering Shocked Shocked
...followed a half-step after by one of the best set of brakes available

You grow horns... you grow horns Exclamation Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Yet it gives you total confidence in its ability.
It's the safest car I have ever driven... Period!
Laughing

Sanctifier wrote:
Trust me, if you actually get accustomed to one there's no goin' back.
Everything else seems kinna incomplete... unfinished.
Either not enough brakes, not enough acceleration... lousy cornering...

DAMN... jus' plain not enough car! Laughing Laughing

I know how you feel... The RS2 comes with "10.5" hotside...
and very close-ratio (4.8:1) "rally" gearbox and transfer case (front & rear LSD too).
I'm on the rev-limiter... in almost every gear... all the time Exclamation Laughing Laughing
Turn-in is like JEEZ! With the "rally" rack (2.1:1 turns lock-to-lock)
you could almost steer without touching the wheel.
The BRAKES!... No fish-tailing... No fade... No tyre noise
(unless you want) NO DRAMA!... It just stops RIGHT NOW!

And SHEIT!...The ACCELERATION Exclamation Shocked
Who cares about 155 mph... give me this adrenalin rush all the time Exclamation
Jeez... I miss that damn car Sad . I can't wait for your parts Exclamation Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Mitsubishi Madmen All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: