The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WSBK: Toseland can win title on Sunday.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rory Phoulorie
Zorce Jedi Knight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: WSBK: Toseland can win title on Sunday. Reply with quote

Tuesday, 25th September 2007

If James Toseland can extend his title lead by nine points at Vallelunga on Sunday, then he will be crowned the 2007 World Superbike champion one round early.

The Hannspree Ten Kate Hondarider heads into the penultimate round 41 points clear of Yamaha Italia's Noriyuki Haga, with 100 points still to be won. Therefore if Toseland can push his title lead up to 50 points by the end of Sunday's pair of races, then he will have an unstoppable advantage.

"We are so close to the end of the season now, but it still feels a long way away to me - particularly after what happened in Lausitz," said 2004 world champion Toseland, who struggled at the German round. "I still have a good advantage, but I know that in racing anything can happen and you can't relax until you have two hands firmly on the trophy. I am trying to focus on the individual races and getting on the podium, but I am not letting go of my lead without a fight."

"With the championship reaching its final stages and James still leading the title chase, we are feeling a bit of pressure," admitted team manager Ronald ten Kate. "To be honest though, I believe the real pressure is on our rivals, because they have to make up the points while we just have to maintain the current lead. During the test at Vallelunga we concentrated on race distance and we have a good set-up for the CBR1000RRs. Hopes are high that we can secure two solid results for James and Roby [Rolfo] this weekend."

As well as Toseland and Haga, third in the championship Max Biaggi (53 points from Toseland) and defending world champion Troy Bayliss (79 points from Toseland) also have a mathematical chance of winning the 2007 title.

crash.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Moto-Z All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: