The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WSBK: Germany - Race 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rory Phoulorie
Zorce Jedi Knight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: WSBK: Germany - Race 2 Reply with quote

Sunday, 9th September 2007

Troy Bayliss worked hard to secure his race two win at the EuroSpeedway in Germany with Noriyuki Haga giving chase for full race distance.

Xerox Ducati's Troy Bayliss took the second race win of round eleven of the Corona Extra Superbike World Championship at the EuroSpeedway, making up for his disappointment at a non podium finish in race one.

Second place went to Noriyuki Haga on the Yamaha Italia who pushed Bayliss from lights to flag and did lead the race for a number of laps at the mid point. The final podium place went to Max Biaggi on the Alstare Corona Extra Suzuki.

Biaggi's team-mate Yukio Kagayama didn't take part in either race due to breaking a bone in his hand earlier in the weekend. �I think the lap times were quicker than in race one. I guess the track was just faster. These guys were fast and I couldn't catch them, they could even play with each other and not lose ground to me,� said Biaggi, �I think if you enjoy the race and the package is good, then you can win.� The next round of the Championship is at Vallelunga in Italy and it is very much Biaggi's home race, �I just hope I am in good shape for my home round because I really, really care about that race. We had a Pirelli test there on the new track layout but last time I was there was about ten years ago,� he said.

Haga was pleased with his second place and admitted he didn't make any big changes to his machine between races. �I change just two clicks front and rear suspension and used same tyre front and rear. I make a mistake at the start at the beginning of the race and passing was difficult as I use up rear tyre. I was in big fight with Troy and I enjoy it. My left rear side not working so well and I couldn't push,� he explained. �Friday and Saturday I have not so good a feeling but thanks to my team as they get bike working. We tested there two months ago and on the first day first time there it was difficult to understand the track. But we found nice feeling on the bike and I like the circuit I hope to make good result,� concluded Haga.

Bayliss enjoyed his race with Haga saying, �I still enjoy it and it is good to have a good race, I love racing for the win as that is what I'm here to do. In the first race I chose too soft a rear and I struggled on the rear. I'm happy to take it on the chin and move on. A fan from Germany has given me some Weissbier and I wasn't going to drink it unless I got a win. I got a win so I'm going to drink it all!�

Once again it was Bayliss who got off the line first with Biaggi and Ruben Xaus following in his wake. Haga didn't get off the line well and was in fifth place but he wasted no time in passing James Toselandand Ruben Xaus to put himself into third. One lap later and he was into second having dispensed with Biaggi, the fight was now well and truly one with Bayliss.

Further down the field Troy Corser and Xaus were leaning on one another to decide on who was going to be fifth, as it turned out Corser got the better of the hard riding Spaniard.

Lap seven saw Haga set a new lap record with a time of 1min 38.622secs. He maintained his fast pace and on lap thirteen Bayliss made a mistake, he had a big moment which unsettled him and allowed Haga to swoop. He took the lead for the next five laps but couldn't shake Bayliss. On lap nineteen Bayliss pounced taking the lead until the chequered flag.

James Toseland had a better run in race two but the podium still eluded him as he finished in fourth place. The same specification of tyre which the team had tested in morning just didn't hook up when it came to the race, so they had to risk the same type of tyre again in race two but thankfully it worked better for them.

Haga's team-mate, Troy Corser didn't get the win he had hoped for instead he finished in fifth place behind Toseland. Ruben Xaus on the Sterilgarda Ducatiwas in sixth place ahead of the second Ten Kate Hondabike of Roberto Rolfo.

Fonsi Nieto on the PSG-1 Kawasaki went from pole to eighth place during the race while his team-mate Regis Laconi had an excursion through the gravel. German rider, Max Neukirchner finished in ninth and Karl Muggeridge completed the top ten.

WSBK race results (2) � EuroSpeedway:

1. Troy Bayliss
2. Noriyuki Haga
3. Max Biaggi
4. James Toseland
5. Troy Corser
6. Ruben Xaus
7. Roberto Rolfo
8. Fonsi Nieto
9. Max Neukirchner
10. Karl Muggeridge

crash.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Moto-Z All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: