The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Braille-Auto CF batteries......bling or performance?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you prefer a Carbon Fiber battery in your vehicle?
Yes.......I wanna save weight......every gram counts.
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
NO!.......I consider it rice.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I rather stick to topping up battery water
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
My engine bay is relatively small, so the small size and high CA of dis battery is perfect!
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

VK-Sportsman
Zorce Jedi Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Braille-Auto CF batteries......bling or performance? Reply with quote

Who would want to save weight and space by a CARBON FIBER battery........yes, its real carbon fiber..........not no sticker Exclamation
Yes, that's a Motorola RAZR cellphone in the pic Shocked

Quote:
Braille Carbon Fiber Batteries are intended to improve the appearance and performance of your vehicle. By enhancing the quality of the materials of this dry cell battery, Braille is able to increase the electrical performance of a battery. The genuine carbon fiber casing is an external representation of this special line of batteries suited to match the level of quality of the type of vehicle you own and love. Don�t settle for anything less for your vehicle.

for full lineup of Braille Carbon fiber batteries
http://www.brailleauto.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=16

also check out other Braille Auto lightweight stuff
www.brailleauto.com

Last edited by VK-Sportsman on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carbon fibre... Shocked Nice..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
flatline
Pumpum Conqueror

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my initial reaction was rice, but compared to the weights of similar CA, these things are less than half the weight of a regular lead battery http://trinituner.com/acl/powermaster/index.php Shocked

Plus looking at the sizes and the CA that it pushes, these would be a good option for me as i have the smallest battery available as the coldpipe for the FMIC now takes up a lot of room where the original battery was
Jahling
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good option is the PC680 and PC925 from Odyssey. These are also compact dry cell batteries but about half the price of the braille. Here is the PC925 next to a standard size battery.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/batteries.htm

For a daily driver I would put an Optima Red Top in the trunk and just swap it for an Odyssey when going to the track. That way the cold pipe for the intercooler does not become a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Zorcerazzi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: