The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW FERRARI 600 IMOLA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess-Kaveshla
Zorce Jedi Photo Master

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: NEW FERRARI 600 IMOLA Reply with quote

Spied: New Ferrari 600 Imola
By Kyle Fortune, last updated June 15 2005

The 550/575 Maranello has been around since 1996 so it�s little surprise Ferrari is readying its replacement.

Still heavily disguised under Ferrari 612 Scaglietti panels, the new car will be styled by Pininfarina and carries the internal codename F139. When it debuts at next year�s Geneva Motor Show it�ll likely to be badged either 600 Imola or 600 Maranello. It�s not just the test mule here that borrows from the flagship four-seater, as the production 600 Imola will also feature a version of the 612 Scaglietti�s strong aluminium structure. The result is that the new car will be bigger than the outgoing Maranello, with a wider track and longer wheelbase. However, with the use of aluminium there should be no increase in the current car�s 1,730kg kerbweight. The increase in size ensures the cabin will offer more space, and allow Ferrari to place the V12 engine as far back under the bonnet as possible to provide optimum weight distribution.

The engine will be a development of the 612�s V12 (itself a version of the 575�s powerplant), with its capacity raised to 6.0-litres and an output of between 560-600bhp. That should be enough to comfortably push the new car to in excess of 200mph, which it needs to if it�s going to compete with an ever-increasing number of 200+mph cars. Almost certain to feature is the steering wheel-mounted �Manettino� dial which debuted on the F430. This rotary dial allows the driver to change the traction control and suspension settings much to your preferred settings � much like Schumacher does on a Sunday in his company car. Like Schumacher�s racecar and all new road-going Ferraris, the F1 paddle shift transmission will feature � the clutchless system now so popular as to wonder whether Ferrari will bother to offer a regular manual transmission.

Check the site for more pics..
http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/spyferrari600jun05/
NarendZORCE
Zorce Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. I like that they included the 'manettino' traction control dial switcher. The system works well as we saw on a video drive of the new 430... love the paddle shift too. 3814lbs to me is heavy for a race car but it's a road car and in any case it's being pushed around by 560-600 horses... should be nice.
Download & SEE iT! >> http://www.zorce.com/fortheforums/Zorce-15.mp4

Oh Yeah! Feel the Rush, it's like... WOW!
May the (Mass x Acceleration)-F+Z be with you...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
worksux101
Zorce Dasher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it isn;t going to look like what i see there in that first pic
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man Ferraris gettin so ho hum wit their styling (Except for the F cars)......gone are the days of the Testarossa.........when the 550 replaced the Testarossa they said their customers wanted a more reserved looking machine.....sad

I know it's so, for I told me so
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Zorcerazzi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: