The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

V6 Mini

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X2Board
Rebel Zorce Ossifah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: V6 Mini Reply with quote

http://www.minimania.com/web/threadid/81747/InfoID/1/SiteMessages/31/msgthread.cfm

Minissan:

Built by Mike : the worlds fastest Clown

After 2 1/2 years and around 2,000 hours of work, the Minissan ZSX6 (phase 1) build in done!!! Now I have to tear it all apart and paint/powder coat (phase 2). So if all goes well it should be ready to paint in about 1-2 months, then reassemble (phase 3), then DRIVE IT (phase 4)!!! So, yes it'll be at MME.

The window scoops have 3 3" ducts/hoses directed to the 18" fan on the radiator. As you'll see in the pic, the air exits the boot lid. It is rear wheel drive. The rear subframe is from a 240SX with 12" cut from the center and the axles shortened. The engine is from a '92 Maxima (FWD) and then I converted everything from a '80's 300ZX to make it RWD. The tranny is from a '90's 300ZX.

It was a bare rusty shell when I started. I actually added Mini parts to it, front subframe/suspension, all Smith gauges other than the tach and shift light. The switches look exactly like the early Lucas switches... I've spent MANY hours keeping as much Mini as possible.
I used the stock but modified Mini brake/clutch pedals and housing. There is actually plenty of room on the drivers side, good for long trips. The "pasenger" side is either a nitrous bottle or a XL racing go-kart seat.

Why extend a nose and settle for a 4 cyl? I scaled it and the weight front to rear with me in the car is 52f 48r. It should handle and launch GREAT! The paint will match my turbo Mini with '91 Nissan red and a white roof (what a surprise).

Cost: Other than the calipers and SS brake lines, you're looking at about $1,600. Value when I pull up next to a ricer, Vette, Viper, etc... priceless.
Headers: There is no room for headers(what a surprise) so I had to use the stock manifolds that go into two collectors for about 2' and then into one. That's followed by a 12" baffle, then you'll see in the top pic that it exits in front of the left side rear flare. The nice thing about the stock manifolds is that the right side crosses over the top of the tranny to the left side. This left me plenty of room for my peddle assy. What I lack in tuned exhaust, I'll make up for with NOS....

will it be street legal?" It's 100% street legal, at least in Florida. I stripped the wiring out of a junked RX7 so all of my wires in Minissan are color coded, blinkers, brakes, lights.... The nitrous botton on the steering wheel has two purposes, plug into another plug and it's the horn button. The water temp idiot light that mounts on the tach doubles as the blinker light for the street. I'm trying to keep it clean and simple looking inside.
As far as what I've done to a classic and my BMW feelings... It was a rusty shell with no background value and the history of the Mini has always included hair brain swaps and mods. I like to think I just went one or two steps ahead of the rest. I even went so far as spending a couple of hours making and welding/sealing a box under the windscreen ashtray, since the bottom of the ashtray is the engine compartment. But I kept the ashtray.... BMW didn't... hehehe
It is pronounced mini-san like a japanese term of endearment for the mini. Here's the logo I made

The front shocks are from a 2004ish Yamaha R6 monoshock. One cost me $10 and the other $10.50 from Ebay (with about $10 each for shipping). I got 4 in all new condition. They have adjustable compression and rebound with 550lb springs. There's a sample on Ebay for about $25 including shipping... Item # 110077493096 You have to modify one end with a needle roller bearing... Dealer cost is about $700 each.
I love the fact that the Mini has been called a clown car for so many years (at least in the states). So to have the world's fastest clown car, fits so perfectly with The World's Fastest Clown character. But then is it really the world's fastest clown car? Only time will tell.... Nobody has yet to question or challenge if I'm really the world's fastest clown.... Bring'em on...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Zorcerazzi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: