The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F1: Max - I wasn't pushed, I was ready

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rory Phoulorie
Zorce Jedi Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: F1: Max - I wasn't pushed, I was ready Reply with quote

Thursday 25th June 2009

Max Mosley insists he wasn't pushed into a decision to leave his post as FIA President, saying he always intended stepping down in October.

On Wednesday, Mosley announced he would not run for re-election when his term of office expires in October. His announcement came as part of a deal that would see the FOTA eight sign up for next year's F1 World Championship.

The 69-year-old, though, insists he's is not being pushed out but rather is leaving on his own accord.

"I told senior people that I was not going to seek re-election in October a few months ago," Mosley told the Daily Express.

"I was not going to be pushed out and I wasn't. I wanted to ensure that I left having helped put F1 on a firm footing for the future and that is what has happened."

However, just days before Wednesday's deal, Mosley had said that perhaps he would not quit in October, citing the state of Formula One as his reason for considering staying on.

"I don't know how much that alarmed them," he said. "I would have been unhappy to have stayed but there were things I wanted for the good of F1. I had to protect the sport and I'm satisfied this has been achieved.

"Now everyone can now look forward to a bright future where they can make good profits. That will please the manufacturers, who have all pledged to stay until at least 2012. That offers the stability I wanted.

"I was looking for new teams in Formula One and that has been done. It was ridiculous we had two empty spots on the grid and no one wanted them. When we announced cost reduction, we had a rush of teams wanting to be in the sport."

Planet F1
Rory Phoulorie
Zorce Jedi Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how those new teams will fair next year with FOTA now having a greater say in the spending limits of teams.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Motorsport All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: