The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suzuki Rims?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zuki
Pumpum Conqueror

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Suzuki Rims? Reply with quote

Lookin for some rims for my 85 Jimny. Just did ah spring over lift and ah was wondering where to get the wide white rims that does be seen on plenty 4x4s. Mileage mack have one with some blue and red stripes around the rim but it lookin kinda narrow. Ah runnin some 31X10.5 on the stock rims for now but it ent lookin too good plus the front tires rubbing the springs on full lock. Ah nex ting, anybody who do ah spring over in they suzuki ever had problems with the front shocks bottoming out and if so wha allyuh do to fix tha? If anybody have rims or know where ah cld get them leh meh know nah, tks...
VK-Sportsman
Zorce Jedi Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well sir, I had those same white rims from mileage mack on a previous samurai running 31x10.5r15 all-terrains.They were 15X8 and worked well with a shackle lift.

Spring perch over axle (SPOA) lifts are kinda tricky to do with the average mechanic.They require lots of measurements and skills to be properly done.I have a shackle lift and body lift, so no SPOA worries for me.However those people who did the SPOA lift use longer shocksto prevent bottoming out.

If you have the money though ,you can buy a SPOA with all the necessary parts,springs,shocks etc. from the US.

Check out the link for more info http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=84564
zuki
Pumpum Conqueror

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm well then it looks like mileage mack for it then. So yuh sayin that the front tyres did not rub wit those springs right?
I did my spoa by the spoa guru in Couva, no complaints, in fact is one of the best things I did wit this jeep since I bought it. the only problem really is the front bottoming out on trails and really rough terrain but I was thinking this cld be due to my springs not having enough tesion as well, am mean is ah PAU jeep with original springs too eh...
booge
Pumpum Conqueror

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey can yo utell me how much you got them for - im looking for some zuki rims as well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Trucks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: