The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Today's Car
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Today's Car Reply with quote

I got a 'one a day' calendar for christmas, with a different car for each day. Weekends are 'mystery' cars.
So tune in every day, and I'll try to keep it updated, now that I have a PC on my desk Smile

Today's car is the 2005 Nissan Pivo Concept

happy googling!

I know it's so, for I told me so
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice..looking forward tomorrows pics..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 18
2005 BMW Z4 Coupe Concept

Happy Googling!

Jahling
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, keep this up. Something to look foward to every day.
Zorce Dasher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i want this too lol...
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MG Man can we add some pics to?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^all are free and welcome in thine Kingdom of Zorcelandia, Squire Plexington

Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peugeot 908 For Le Mans 2007

MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 18
2005 Meercedes-Benz SLK55

Happy Googling!

MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weekend Cars in case I dont log on

Saturday Jan 20

1959 Buick
Happy Googling!

Sunday Jan 21

1916 Pic-Pic
Happy Googling!

Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audi R10 TDI
Jahling
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Pic-Pic? Talk bout automotive obscurity.
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pageaday.com/catalog/
from my online Car & Driver calendar......I'll start with the backlog from Jan-1 to 19

Eco-friendly� and �sports car� are unlikely semantic allies, but VW�s carbon-fiber two-seater concept suggests otherwise. The Eco Racer weighs less than 1900 pounds, magnifying the punch of its 136-hp, 1.5-liter turbo-diesel. It adds up to a top speed of over 142 mph and fuel economy of almost 70 mpg.

Unveiled at the 1929 L.A. auto show, the original Cabin Speedster had a short life, going up in smoke when the show facility burned to the ground. This 1983 reproduction, built on a vintage Auburn chassis with an Auburn inline-eight engine, is one of two commissioned by Peter Kesling of La Porte, Indiana.

Available with or without fenders and a cabin, the basic A6GS appeared in many guises during its six-plus years in production (1947�53). Power was supplied initially by a 130-hp, 2.0-liter inline-six. Streetable versions were produced, but racing was this Maserati�s raison d��tre.

Lithe, agile, and responsive, Acura�s mid-engined sports car won loyalists during its 14-year run, but not enough of them. It was one of the few near-supercars civilized enough for daily driving. But it was pricey compared with cars like the Porsche 911 and Chevy Corvette. Production ended with the 2005 models.

Quiz: How many �37 two-door Ford woody wagons were built? Answer: just this one. By Dave and Kathy Geiger of Bristol, Indiana. The project consumed five years and included an original �37 Ford hood, cowl, and dashboard. Everything else, including the beautiful hard-maple woodwork, was fabricated from scratch.

NAME THAT CAR
1936 CORD VICTORIA

REMEMBER ME?
1911 ANN ARBOR

Carroll Shelby is famous for his Cobra roadsters, but it was the GT350 and GT500 Mustangs that really made the cash registers ring�particularly the GT500, with its torquey 428-cubic-inch Ford V-8. Our 1967 road test called it �an adult sports car.� Shelby called it �the first car I�m really proud of.�

It�s been nearly 40 years since the debut of the original, but the basic idea�big power in a mid-size sporty coupe�is obviously renewable, and the master himself, Carroll Shelby, was involved in the project. With almost 500 horsepower on tap, the modern sequel combines old-time muscle with contemporary agility.

Its sensuous curves recalling the voluptuous shapes of the late 1930s, the Atlantic was never seriously considered for production. Nevertheless, this 1995 showstopper went on to become one of the most popular dream cars in Chrysler history, and it still draws crowds at its occasional public appearances.

C/D ROAD TEST

BASE PRICE: $66,920
ENGINE: 5.0-liter 24-valve V-8
HORSEPOWER: 302 @ 5600 rpm
TORQUE: 339 lb-ft @ 2700 rpm
TRANSMISSION: 7-speed automatic
CURB WEIGHT: 4048 lb
0�60 MPH: 5.5 seconds

� You say you think four doors and sexy are mutually exclusive? Check this. Case closed.

Celebrating a half-century of Giorgetto Giugiaro designs (thus GG50), this concept began life as a Ferrari 612 sedan. Amendments to the original Scaglietti design include knife-slit headlights and a rear hatch. The car appeared on the Bridgestone stand at the 2005 Tokyo show, well away from other Ferraris.

NAME THAT CAR
1949 MERCURY

REMEMBER ME?
1935 LA SALLE

Billed as a concept, this 2005 Tokyo show car was a thinly disguised preview of Mitsubishi�s Lancer Evolution X, better known as the Evo. Highlights: a stiffer chassis, a new six-speed automated manual gearbox, and a new generation of Mitsubishi�s sophisticated all-wheel-drive system.

Retired at the end of the 2005 season, the Audi R8 was one of the most successful race cars of all time, a record that included five wins at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. This example, fielded by Florida-based Champion Audi, won the 2005 Le Mans event, the first victory by a U.S. team in 37 years.

Introduced at the 2005 Tokyo show, this Nissan concept revolutionizes parallel parking. Not only is there steering at both ends of the car, but the cabin can also rotate 180 degrees so your fore becomes your aft and vice versa. TV cameras illuminate blind spots, and the cabin can be detached from the chassis.

Created as a response to Porsche�s Boxster-based Cayman, the Z4 coupe was unveiled at the 2005 Frankfurt auto show as a concept car, but there was no doubt that a production version was in the works. Engine choices included a pair of inline-sixes: a 255-hp 3.0-liter and the E45 M3�s 333-hp 3.2-liter.

C/D ROAD TEST

BASE PRICE: $62,520
ENGINE: 5.4-liter 24-valve V-8
HORSEPOWER: 355 @ 5750 rpm
TORQUE: 376 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
TRANSMISSION: 7-speed automatic
CURB WEIGHT: 3455 lb
0�60 MPH: 4.3 seconds

� Corvette performance in a sexy package with a three-pointed star. What could be better?

MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday Jan 20, 2007

NAME THAT CAR
1959 BUICK

MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday Jan 21

REMEMBER ME?
1916 PIC-PIC

Monday Jan 22

The specifications alone inspire awe: an 8.0-liter 16-cylinder engine generating 1001 horsepower and 922 pound-feet of torque in a 4300-pound all-wheel-drive coupe. And the performance is unparalleled: 0 to 200 mph in 22 seconds, top speed 253 mph in a 2005 record run. All yours for a mere $1,250,000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Zorcerazzi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: