The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 2009 Lancer Ralliart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Mitsubishi Madmen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yeo
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: The 2009 Lancer Ralliart Reply with quote

A few months back I talked about how I thought Mitsubishi needed a model to slide in between the pretty-decent GTS and the low-level EVO X GSR. My origional suggestion was just to do a light-boost turbo, good for 200 BHP, and maybe to keep costs down, do it with FWD, and equip it only with a stick. Well, Mitsubishi did me one-better:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoblog
According to poster jmk2888 at the EvolutionM.net forums, the car you see here is indeed the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart. The poster, who indicates that he works for Mitsubishi in California, says that the car was in the lot briefly but is now "on the way to an auto show." Funny, we happen to be going to an auto show next week, so let's assume the Lancer Ralliart's on its way to Detroit for its official unveiling.

According to the jmk2888, here are the pertinent stats. To be safe, treat everything as speculation for now until we get official info from Mitsubishi:

* 230 - 240 turbocharged horsepower
* AWD
* 5-speed manual gearbox or Twin Clutch SST available
* Recaro front seats
* Gunmetal-finish Lancer GTS wheels
* GTS rear wing
* Nav system available

In front, the Ralliart gets a unique fascia dominated by a large (but not Evo X-large), chrome-rimmed grille opening. At the top right section of the grille itself, you can see the telltale Ralliart badge. According to the poster, the car in the photo is painted in the orangey-red "Sunset Pearlescent" finish that's currently available on the Eclipse. He also states that there's Ralliart branding on the rear of the car, and some other posters have noted that this car appears to be equipped with the same HID headlamps as the Evo X. Assuming it's going to be in Detroit, expect complete details and many photos of Mitsu's new Subaru WRX competitor early next week.

I love it when I'm right. This is what they need, this is what people want to buy. They still could have done it with less power and FWD and it still would have sold decent I'd bet...

It's a DIRECT competitor for the WRX. I don't think that's ever been done before: Mitsu's Evo models always went up against the STi versions.

I think I'd like one.... in a 5-speed of course.
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year my friend. Yup, like it too.
Reminds me of 205 hp '96 4wd 1800 GSR. Lil brother to Evo 4-6.
Perfect car for wifey... in three years as a RORO. Laughing
-blazing-
Pumpum Conqueror

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet
Yeo
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Lancer Ralliart reinforces the sporty identity of the Lancer lineup (Lancer, Lancer Ralliart and Lancer Evolution) with aggressive styling and driving performance that creates a unique product between the Lancer GTS 2.4 and the Lancer Evolution models. The Lancer Ralliart makes effective use of the Lancer's rigid unibody and four-wheel independent suspension by mating this capable chassis to a turbocharged engine and all-wheel-drive.

Mechanical

Lancer Ralliart is powered by the new 4B11 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC intercooled and turbocharged engine (also used in the Lancer Evolution) that develops an estimated 235 horsepower. The engine is mated to Mitsubishi's efficient Twin Clutch-SST gearbox that helps enhance the sporty nature of the vehicle by allowing the driver to execute lightning-quick, silky-smooth, paddle-actuated shifts. The TC-SST transmission also operates in fully automatic modes for Normal and Sport driving conditions.

The Lancer Ralliart's full-time 4WD driveline features Mitsubishi's Active Center Differential (ACD). The ACD unit employs an electronically controlled multi-plate clutch center differential, vectoring drive torque to the front and rear according to different driving conditions to realize the best balance between steering response and traction characteristics on Tarmac, Gravel, or Snow surfaces. Lancer Ralliart is also equipped with front helical limited slip differential and a rear differential mechanical limited slip differential.

Design

Elaborating on the basic sporty design and proportions of the Lancer, the Lancer Ralliart exterior is distinguished by its more aggressively styled front bumper design, rear bumper cover, dual outlet muffler and a lightweight aluminum, ducted hood that delivers cooling air to the turbocharger.

The interior design places greater emphasis on function and vehicle control. Lancer Ralliart is equipped with FAST key, Bluetooth� hands-free telephone interface, the same Twin Clutch-SST shifter used on Lancer Evolution, and easily accessible steering column mounted paddle shifters.

Available equipment and options to include: Recaro seats, HID headlights, 650-watt Rockford Fosgate 9-speaker audio system, Sirius satellite radio, power sunroof, and a 30-gigabyte hard drive navigation system with digital music server.

Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Mitsubishi Madmen All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: