The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So ah finally get meh engine...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
solo
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: So ah finally get meh engine... Reply with quote

About $&*^#@^ time!
With the lightened rods and other internal work (and gearbox work) done to my FJ, missing a gear at high rpms could only prove inevitable fatality for the engine...this unfortunately happened a couple months ago with a piston coming clean out the block (don't ask) and since then i've been waiting for an engine from NY. Well i've been informed that the engine is in the country and I should be picking it up later on today so......vroom vroom soon soon...
Anyways, the install should happen sometime later in the week. Should only take a few hours but i've decided to take some pics to show the process. The carbs will be serviced and tuned as well and all flairing will be re-assembled. I got the bike in 5 box of parts earlier on in the year and the assembly (though a damn nightmare) and paint job would have been a long interesting read in the project room, but this will just be a scaled down version of that.

Stay tuned in for pics later on in the week.
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, looking forward to the pics..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
solo
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it works! install went as planned yesterday, and now the motor is firing once again. I didn't take much pics but you will get the jist of it from these shots...

Engine just installed...

Carbs and parts to be installed...not as bad as it looks....

Meh boy Roshan installing starter and alternator in the engine (owns a '02 R1..bess bike mechanic)

The fj after the install, tune up, test ride and clean down....(Rass in the background has a '05 R1, extensive bike knowledge there..)

The finished product. Gave it ah blast lastnight, works great. The lower scoup had a crack in it that was repaired but I didn't get time to paint it. It will remain in that chrome spray untill early next week.
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo your bike is looking mad...Nice work...How she sounding? Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
solo
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plex-Kenobi wrote:
Solo your bike is looking mad...Nice work...How she sounding? Shocked

Krazy.....

The carbs have a stage 2 jet kit installed, that went well with the other mods on the previous engine. On this stock engine, if I stand at a traffic light for a couple minutes, when I launch and back off to shift to second you get a serious ball of fire due to the bigger jets....cool I tell you Cool
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice... Shocked
solo
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah put on ah set of Vance + hines chrome extractors and megaphone over the weekend....had to adjust the jetting on the carbs for it not to lean out...
sounds wicked, works great!! Take two new pics there....

Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looking mad.. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Thanks Nigel, will be at the bike show in Couva tomorrow providing the weather holds up.....Will be nice tuh drink ah beer with yuh again pal..
Check out meh dirt bike pics in the super Motor RR forum http://www.zorce.com/zforums/viewtopic.php?t=5299

most amout of fun i've had in a while pal....
solo
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops....That ^^^^ is Solo dey eh....forgot to log on...
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem..sounds good..
solo
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wha happen? nobody doh post in here or wha dread?
Steups.
Anyway, me sold the old FJ couple months ago... Next man see it, money sounded good, you know the drill.....
So ah end up pulling ah 1992 kawasaki zx11c from ah foreign-used dealer who has had this beast sitting in his garage for about a year, and swearing it's the older ZX10...(lol)
Got it with 19k miles on the clock, in extremely crisp condition and very one wheel happy... hole some pics deya...

Before with the stock dual exhaust..

After, with my new carbon fibre yoshimura can, complete with 4 into 1 extractor.

NarendZORCE
Zorce Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laaaaaaarrrdd!!!!! Now DAT is ah sweet bike! Great buy there Solo...
Download & SEE iT! >> http://www.zorce.com/fortheforums/Zorce-15.mp4

Oh Yeah! Feel the Rush, it's like... WOW!
May the (Mass x Acceleration)-F+Z be with you...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NarendZORCE
Zorce Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAWASAKI ZX11C, 1990-1993

The thrill factor generated by the ZX11 remains difficult to match to this day. Kawasaki always tries to build real world comfort and practicality into its sport-bikes, and the ZX11 was no exception. For such a hugely powerful machine, it retained a certain civility. It was comfortable, quiet and smooth, and very easy to live with. It could be said that the ZX11 had a split personality.... one the sedate sport-touring motorcycle that blends in very well with the sport touring crowd, and the other is a fire breathing full on sports machine. Despite its large engine, the ZX11 handled like a good 750. It was lower, lighter and quicker steering than any of the competition. All in all, the ZX11 was a fantastic package. Many who bought the machine for its performance were very pleasantly surprised by its 'other' character, and its ability to keep the riders grinning after long periods in the saddle. Power in 1990 was 145bhp, with torque of 80ft/lb's. Wet weight was 581lb's.

http://www.mcreports.com
Download & SEE iT! >> http://www.zorce.com/fortheforums/Zorce-15.mp4

Oh Yeah! Feel the Rush, it's like... WOW!
May the (Mass x Acceleration)-F+Z be with you...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
solo
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Correct Narend. apart from that info, the zx11 was the fastest production bike of it's time and the first bike introduced with a ram air system..... 320km/h on the clock (i've done 280km/h one time.....VERY frightening!).

See more info here...
http://www.zx11.info/zx11/cycle1990.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Moto-Z All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: