The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kelley Blue Book lists the brands with the best �Exterior'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Kelley Blue Book lists the brands with the best �Exterior' Reply with quote

Kelley Blue Book lists the brands with the best �Exterior Styling�

Kelley Blue Book (KBB) and its marketing research team have listed the brands that car buyers find to have the most exceptional �exterior styling� in each vehicle segment. The results come from a study conducted by Brand Watch, KBB�s newest automotive research study. Though styling is a subjective matter, it still plays a major role in most car buying decisions and can easily persuade a buyer towards a particular vehicle.

Nissan was voted to have the most stylish non-luxury sedans in the market, beating out more popular makes Toyota and Honda. Ford managed to win two top spots, taking honors in the truck and non-luxury SUV segments, while BMW also had two top places with wins in the luxury SUV and luxury sedan segments. The category that we�re all interested in, convertibles and sports cars, was taken by Porsche, followed closely by Mercedes-Benz and Jaguar.

�As vehicle reliability reaches near-parity in the market, we predict that exterior styling will play an even bigger role in building new-vehicle sales and brand equity,� said Jack R. Nerad, executive editorial director and executive market analyst at KBB. �The results of the Brand Watch study demonstrate that the industry is, and should be, placing great emphasis on what their vehicles look like.� Follow the jump to see the top three makes in each segment.

Convertibles/Sports Cars
1. Porsche
2. Mercedes-Benz
3. Jaguar

Trucks
1. Ford
2. GMC
3. Chevrolet

Minivans
1. Dodge
2. Toyota
3. Honda

Luxury SUVs
1. BMW
2. Lexus
3. Mercedes-Benz

Non-Luxury SUVs
1. Ford
2. Toyota
3. GMC

Luxury Sedan
1. BMW
2. Mercedes-Benz
3. Infiniti

Non-Luxury Sedan
1. Nissan
2. Honda
3. Toyota

Motorauthority
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rory Phoulorie
Zorce Jedi Knight

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With respect to the convertibles/sports cars, I don't understand how no italian manufacturer was in the top three.

I remember going to Valpark Plaza in the 1980s when they had a car show and they had the two Countachs parked up next to each other. Just looking at that static display had my blood boiling.
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rory, actually i thought italians were known for great sports cars rather than convertibles...When coming to trucks, i do not think anyone can beat the americans..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
3stagevtec
Looking for the Jedi base

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When coming to trucks, i do not think anyone can beat the americans..

the japanese will eventually catch the americans in the truck market... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Zorcerazzi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: