The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F1: Fry - `European revival for Honda`

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rory Phoulorie
Zorce Jedi Knight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: F1: Fry - `European revival for Honda` Reply with quote

Nick Fry claims Honda will have their season on-track by the start of the European leg of the F1 World Championship.

A disastrous start to the year for Honda saw Rubens Barrichello and Jenson Button fail to finish in the top-10 at the Australian Grand Prix.

On closer examination of the results it became evident that Honda's RA107 were roughly three seconds off the pace of the race-winning Ferrari of Kimi Raikkonen.

However, even though Honda's situation looks rather desperate at the moment, Fry is confident his team will have improved enough by the start of the European season to challenge at least the Renaults and BMWs.

"I think we have to set ourselves the target of being up there with Renault and BMW by the start of the European season," the Honda team boss told Autosport.

"Last year it basically took us until the halfway point to sort ourselves out, and there is no excuse for us not to be much closer by the time we get to Europe."

Honda's first step towards progress will take place at the Sepang circuit next week where all the F1 teams excluding Spyker will be in action for a three-day test.

"I do expect a leap forward, but we need to fully understand what the problem is," Fry added.

"And really for the last two years, because we have had intermittent problems, we are not really understanding the fundamental issue and that is something we really need to come to terms with.

"Maybe the parts we have for Sepang will address the issue, or maybe they won't. I would not be able to say hand on heart that we fully understand what the issues are with the car at the moment, and that is what we have got to do."

He added: "This is a much weaker start than we anticipated, but we are not downhearted by it and we have got three weeks to get back in the race."

The European leg of the F1 season kicks off in May with the Spanish Grand Prix.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2012045,00.html
Rory Phoulorie
Zorce Jedi Knight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same old, same old.
worksux101
Zorce Dasher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they need to start shutting their arses and fix the dang car...

As much as i love Honda, they've really started making a mess of things as of late, and having JB in the team isn't helping...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Motorsport All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: